The Clients comprehensive and modular solution covers all the core MES functionalities across the value chain, from order handling through customer service management. The business and investments are rapidly growing in this area. Therefore there is a need for a Senior Project Engineer to strengthen the team. In this role you will be working closely with the business to capture their requirements and the engineering team to provide the matching solutions.
- Creating specifications based on the customer requirements and supervise the team on the implementation. Review project documentation, testing and supervise installation, and commissioning activities.
- Participating and leading project meetings with customers, contractors, and suppliers.
- Creating work plans with the project management and actively managing the timeline and costs. Proactively participating in projects to correct the schedule or cost overruns.
- Managing tasks across projects and making the progress visible.
- Assisting in technical proposals and providing trainings to colleagues and customers.
- 5+ years’ experience in MES software usage and/or deliveries, ideally in the pulp and paper industry.
- Experience in pulp & paper processes’ order management, production tracking, quality data management and production planning & scheduling.
- Knowledge of PL/SQL and relational databases (for example Oracle).
- Knowledge of interfaces e.g., Modbus, OPC UA/DA and Web Services.
- Familiarity with virtualized systems and knowledge of Windows, Linux, and other Unix operating system.
- Fluent written and spoken communication skills in English. Finnish and Swedish are an advantage.
- Ability to travel from time to time.
- Experience in ERP interfaces and/or ERP systems (for example SAP) is considered an advantage.